My friend, Angela Wills, is giving a free webinar where she will give you three keys to setting up your Wordpress blog for success.
You know I advocate using ONLY Wordpress for your site, you can read my post eons ago here about what I think about Wordpress – I know, that was a long time ago but since that time Wordpress has only gotten better and better. You shouldn’t even consider any other way to set-up your site.
So, back to the reason for my post – if you still don’t have your site set-up, you must sit-in on Angela’s free webinar. Here are the details:
So You Want to Make Money With WordPress?
I’ll Give You THREE Keys to Setting Up
WordPress For Success & Profits!
LIVE Webinar Monday, April 2nd at 8pm ET!
Register for this webinar and you will:
- Learn 3 keys to setting Wordpress up for success
- Receive a video recording of webinar
- Receive a PDF Transcript of webinar
Since Wordpress is FREE, there’s nothing to lose. Click the link now and register for this incredibly informative webinar.
Hope to see you there!
Photo by http://www.planetofsuccess.com/blog/
When it comes to internet marketing you will find that you must be able to produce content for your website. Some people are natural-born writers, all they have to do is hold a pen up to paper and the words start flowing. And then there are people who struggle to write even a few paragraphs.
Developing your own unique writing style will help set your writing apart from others, even if you fall into the group of people that finds writing difficult. Here are five suggestions to help develop your writing style.
1. The best writers have a love of words and are avid readers. Believe it or not, reading is a great way to develop your writing style. The types of things you enjoy reading are probably things you would enjoy writing.
Reading other peoples’ writing will also give you insights on your own writing. As you read, some authors’ styles will seem to pop out at you as very good or very bad. You probably have a writing style similar to the authors you enjoy reading.
2. What are your writing strengths? Some people are great at writing news-oriented stories, while some people prefer to write reviews and opinion pieces. If you like to teach people things, your writing strength could be how-to articles. If you enjoy coming up with slogans and catchy headlines, you might be a natural when it comes to copywriting. There are many types of writing to explore.
3. In order to develop your writing style, you need to practice. Try writing something everyday. The more you write, the easier it will get. Experiment with different styles and techniques. You will see some types of writing come easier to you. Blogs and journals are a great way to get writing practice.
These “practice writings” don’t need to be masterpieces, and you can delete what you write if you want. The point is to keep your writing muscles flexed by exercising them a little each day. Your natural strengths will come out as you try different forms of writing.
4. Embrace your personality and voice as you write. Use words that you would use when you speak. If your writing sounds unnatural and awkward, your reader will be turned off. Let your personality come out in your writing. Have a conversation with your readers as you would with someone you were speaking to face to face. If you like talking about certain subjects, write about them.
5. Free writing can also help you develop your unique style. Sit down in a quiet place and set a timer for five to ten minutes. Clear your head and start writing what comes to your mind, and keep writing until time runs out. Don’t worry about grammar or spelling. Just write whatever you think of.
When the timer goes off, read over what you have written. It may not make sense, but it can give you ideas for other things to write about.
Writing is a necessity for an online business. Even if you think you will outsource your writing, it is still important for you to be able to put an article or blog post on the screen, or reply to an email. Use some of the suggestions above to strengthen your writing skills and make your online business better for it.
Until next time ~
Yesterday I was so focused on getting restarted here at Internet Marketing Boomer I totally forgot to tell you that I also started a new site a few weeks ago. Not that I was ever going to neglect this one but I felt the market focus of the new site was under represented and I really feel passionate about this new group of people that I’ll be working with.
The new site is 50+Success and is totally focused toward women who are over 50 and unhappy in their job because they are being passed over for promotions, interesting projects, and pay raises. I want to teach these women how to start their own online business and build it while continuing to work to the point where their online income meets or exceeds the salary of their current job. This will give them the freedom, if they so choose, to leave the job where they are undervalued and made to feel irrelevant.
I’m currently working on a series of courses that will move these women to a point where they can say “So long golden handcuffs and hello SWEET FREEDOM!” If you feel you could benefit from a program aimed specifically to the over 50 working woman, be sure to stop by and join the mailing list so I can keep you updated with information and let you know when my courses are ready.
If you join the mailing list right now, you’ll receive a copy of the Sweet Freedom Checklists for joining. The package includes 5 checklists to help you:
- Choose your domain name
- Know what to include on your website
- Set-up your email strategy
- Research your target market
- And start getting traffic to your site
Additionally, I’ve loaded a series of emails in the auto-responder that teach you how to get your mind ready for entrepreneurship. the series is called Sweet Freedom Success Mindset Series. It’s worth joining the mailing list just to get the email series, believe me, it’s good.
I’d also love for you to stop by the site and leave a comment on one of the blog posts. The poor site is so new it doesn’t have any traffic and no comments (aw, poor little site) but I know it won’t be long before it becomes a hub for all women over 50 who want to join me on the internet.
Oh – almost forgot – the website address is http://www.50PlusSuccess.com . Be sure to stop by and join the mailing list, see you over there!
It’s been quite a while since I posted on this site but I always knew I’d be back. Over the years I’ve had a bunch of sites and year before last year I went through my files and took them all down, all but this one. I didn’t take down this site because I LOVE internet marketing, I guess you could say it’s my passion.
At the time when I decided to take down my sites, I had just been promoted at my job and it was taking a lot of time and energy to get my new department turned around. I didn’t have any energy left to do internet marketing. I’d get home at 7 or 8 at night after being at the office for up to 12 hours that day. I had nothing left. So, I had to decide where my focus would go and at the time it was to my day job, which pays me a good salary.
Now fast forward to the present, my day job is the same job but my department is under control and has been for a while. I know the systems and processes I implemented like the back of my hand. I arrive at 8 in the morning and leave promptly at 5. Since we moved closer to where we work, I’m home at 5:30. Additionally, our daughter graduated from college where she played volleyball for four years, and we don’t even travel to watch her play any longer. I now have some time and I’m feeling the itch to come back and build my online empire !
So I thought I’d make this post to let anyone who might be subscribed to my feed know that I’m back and they will start seeing posts again. Sometime in the next couple of weeks I’m going to sit down and make a plan and set a direction for this site and I’ll post that information then. I would be working on it this weekend but on Tuesday morning my hard drive crashed so I ordered a new computer (the one that crashed was old, I really needed a new one anyway). I should get it tomorrow and I imagine I’ll spend the weekend downloading my stuff from Carbonite (I LOVE CARBONITE) and loading up all my software. I’m not sure what I’ll do about all my saved passwords but oh well, I guess I’ll figure them out as I go. Once all that’s done, then my mind will be free to do some planning.
I want to thank everyone (if there is anyone) who is reading this post. Thank you for sticking with me, I know I’ve been a little undependable. I’m hoping to correct that image of me in your eyes.
I’m also going to send out this post as an email and give all subscribers the opportunity to unsubscribe.
Thanks again and I’ll be talking to you again within the next couple of weeks.