Stay Focused on Your New Year’s Resolutions in 2009
Setting New Year’s resolutions is effortless. It’s not hard to think up resolutions and even put them in writing. Achieving them, on the other hand, can be a bit of a challenge. What would THIS year have looked like if you’d really made major progress with all the resolutions you set last year?
In order to reach your goals, you must maintain your focus, discipline, and accountability, especially when things get rough. Here are a few tips to aid you in staying focused on your goals, but at the end of this post I’m going to tell you about a program that Gary Ryan Blair, the Goals Guy, has developed that will give you the tools you need in maintaining that focus, discipline and accountability so you can reach your goals this year. So keep reading.
- Create a visual reminder. A wish book contains pictures, personal reflections and other notes related to the finished goal. Visual reminders are meant to encourage and keep your eye on the prize when you hit a rough spot in your plans.
- Reassess the game plan. A goal is only as good as the plan behind it. Looking at that plan every three to six months lets you see what can be tweaked or omitted all together. As things change, so do the steps in that plan.
- Reward yourself. For every step along the way that brings you closer to your goal, celebrate. It can be a night on the town with friends, a new outfit, or a quiet weekend alone.
- Learn how to deal with setbacks. One reason people lose focus on their goals is a temporary delay or two. They call them failures, when in all honesty, they are anything but. Setbacks can signal that the goal needs a new direction or you need to rededicate yourself to the task at hand. Put it into perspective, deal with the hindrance and move on.
- Ask for help. This point can’t be stated enough. No man or woman is an island. Without help, everyone would fail at something. Support such as weekly phone calls with a friend or mentor for encouragement, focusing sessions, or even just a sounding board for you when things get a bit off course.
Now, going back to the question I started with, “What would THIS year have looked like if you’d really made major progress with all your resolutions?
What if you achieved one? How about two? Which ones? How about ALL of them? What will this year look like if you do it NOW?
Well, you can’t sit on the sofa and manifest a new home, car or a million dollar income producing website. If anyone tells you differently, run the other way.
The tips I supplied above will help you move in the right direction in achieving your goals, but what if you had help and guidance?
Have you ever noticed when you KNOW you’re going in the right direction that everything just seems to fall into place? It’s called “FLOW.” That’s what I’m talking about, yet most people don’t know how to get it or what process it takes to find it. It’s elusive. But not when you have guidance because then you KNOW you’re going in the right direction.
Does such a process exist? Is there a proven system to help you achieve every goal you desire, one that will help you to make 2009 the best year of your life?
Yes there is. It’s called “Got Resolutions?” and it can be yours!
“Got Resolutions?” is a personal leadership program by Gary Ryan Blair that provides a step-by-step system for setting and achieving your New Year’s resolutions.
If focus, discipline, and accountability were the things that prevented you from achieving your resolutions in the past, then you must get the “Got Resolutions?” program!
In fact, here’s what Best-Selling Author Brian Tracy has to say:
“Got Resolutions? is a serious program for serious people who want to make serious and immediate change in their lives. There is no better way to start the New Year, and Gary Ryan Blair will show you how to finally turn your resolution into reality!”
Earlier this year you probably set some goals and resolutions, made promises to yourself, and ended up with unmet goals and unmet resolutions. Don’t let that happen in 2009. Right now you have the opportunity to create history rather than repeat it.
It’s easy to get started right away. Visit the link below and MAKE your resolutions reality!
I’m wishing you a New Year of health, wealth, and happiness.
You just need to get out there and pursue your resolutions with open arms and believe deeply in your ability to enjoy the rewards of resolutions and dreams achieved.
Now THAT would be an amazing New Year’s gift to yourself, wouldn’t it?
Happy New Year!
P.S. Be sure to check out the video that explains the entire process. You’ll be glad you did!
No related posts.